Thursday, May 21, 2015

L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation

Hey y'all!

Greetings and salutations! Today, of course, is Try-It Thursday and it's going to be all about the new foundation I was given to try. As y'all know, I am apart of the wonderful Seventeen Social Club for the whole year of 2015 and as such, I am sent different products and things to try out and then give my opinion on. It definitely makes me feel important, haha.

Thanks to Seventeen Magazine and L'Oreal Paris, I was able to try out the Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation in the shade Shell Beige. I will say that I have never bought drug-store make-up before but I was still up for trying this out as I'm not one to back down from a challenge. I was a little worried that the color wasn't the right one for my skin tone since I wasn't able to try it out.The color I picked I thought matched me really well! I'm really glad about that.

I've only used Clinique foundation before as it's what my mom uses and we both have pretty sensitive skin. I was soooo happy that the switch of foundation didn't cause me to break out at all. That was definitely a plus. When I first applied it, I was definitely amazed at how dry the foundation became. And I don't mean that in a bad way! Also, less is definitely more as I didn't have to use a lot and sometimes I would squirt out too much and just have to layer it on.

I would apply the foundation with my fingers as my beauty blender is currently misplaced and will need to be deep-cleaned when found again (or, honestly, I'll probably just buy a new one) so fingers for application it was! I normally noticed with my Clinique foundation that there was a bit of streak from using my fingers but it was almost an airbrushed look with the L'Oreal Paris foundation! I was really thrown for a loop from that because I was not expecting it at all. It's a great feature of the foundation, for sure.

It gives pretty good coverage too. I had a bit of spots still showing through but for the most part, it did it's job. I'm not sure if I'm super oily or if it's from my skincare routine, but it didn't stay matte for me for too long. It wasn't bad enough that I needed to blot but I had a bit of shine after a few hours. All-in-all, a great product to try out and use on the daily. I didn't think it clogged my pores or anything like that.

I may or may not purchase it again (I don't need foundation for a while after this, haha) but it is definitely staying on my radar after this. Thank you again, Seventeen and L'Oreal Paris for letting me try this out!! I'll emjoy it until it's empty.

What drug-store foundation is your favorite? Let me know in the comments below!

Laterz,
Trina

"OMG!!! this is the best foundation at the drugstore and is better than alot of high end foundations! This is a medium to full coverage foundation that last all day and keeps you matte without looking flat! It last all day and by the end of the day almost looks like when you put it on. I have combo skin and works like a charm for me! Thank you Makeup Gods for this foundation!!!"
- A 5-star review by makeuplover23 from the L'Oreal Paris website 


No comments:

Post a Comment