Friday, May 1, 2015

Daredevil, the Netflix Series

Hey y'all!!

So, I am incredibly, incredibly, INCREDIBLY sorry about my two-month absence?! What?!? Soooo crazy!!! Life has been insaaaane but no worries!! I am here to stay!! To start of the wonderful month of Mayyyy, welcome to Fanatic Friday! I know, I know, I keep changing the days... Hopefully, this month will "establish" what is going to be on this blog everyday, haha. Fanatic Friday will be all about T.V. shows and just anything that I'm a "fanatic" about, really.

Today, I'd like to introduce you to either my future husband (Captain America is definitely first but ohhhh, this guy is such a close second) or just general best friend/eternal crush, Matt Murdock. He is a blind lawyer who graduated from Columbia Law and is working with his best friend, "Foggy" Nelson on building a clientele base and also a vigilante at night in New York City.

Hooked yet? You totally should be.

This is the main character for the Netflix Series titled Daredevil, which is about the iconic Marvel superhero. I was sooooo glad I had a Netflix account once I heard about this. You should already know this but I actually am such a Marvel geek, it's not funny. In fact, it's a real problem of mine. Maybe there are some of you out there? I'd love not to be alone... Pretty much anything Captain America or even vaguely Marvel-associated, I impulsively buy to have. ....like I said, it's a pretty big problem.

Anyways, back to the show.

It. Is. FABULOUS.

Daredevil is so crazy different than anything out there on T.V. right now (and if you know something even vaguely similar to this show, dear Lord above, comment below with the name and I will probably immediately go to check it out. Not gonna lie) and I love it. There's so much going and so many different players that it's so much fun to watch and keep up with! I asked my dad for clarification but he said that the show wasn't too much different than the comics.

This is the part where I invite hardcore Daredevil fans to comment and incite conversation and polite opinions about what you think is true. Whether or not the T.V. show is close to the comics. Please, no fandom fights. Those get pretty messy.

Basically, every episode there are these craaazy action scenes and oh, Matt is so wonderfully amazing that I care not a wit about his blindness, the fact that he's practically poor, and, just-ugh.... He's so fabulous. I love that kid. He cracks me up with his humor and just the way that his morals are set up. It's definitely refreshing to see as I've always thought of Daredevil as the quiet kind of superhero.

The closest comparison that I can think of is Batman. Nobody knows Batman's identity (except for Alfred. Good ol' Alfred) and he just kinda shows up where needed. On that note, Matt gets information from the people he fights to go be at the places where he's needed.

Like Batman, he was trained by someone on how to fight. In this case, Matt was trained by an older blind guy who goes by the name of "Stick" and it was so adorable to see kid!Matt being taught how to fight even though he was blind.

I think that where they showed kid!Matt were some of my favorite scenes, to be honest. I felt that I really got a sense of where Matt is coming from and why he is the way he is today. I won't spoil anything (at least, I'll try not to spoil anymore, sorry) about his backstory but I thought it was so inspiring and it just made me want to scoop kid!Matt and squeeze him to death. 

This is getting to be a pretty long post and I'm not really sure how Batman got into this so I'm gonna end it on this note. If you haven't seen it, you've really got to get a move on. And if you don't have a Netflix account, there is a 30-day free trial and this show is worth it. There is supposed to be a season 2 coming out in 2016 so if you want to wait for the second season to use the 30-day trial, do it. Just be sure you ive yourself enough time to watch all 13 episodes of the first season first.

Pretty, pretty please, if you have any suggestions of T.V. shows to watch, I am not picky. I love rotting my mind with random T.V. shows in my free time. Leave any suggestions in the comments below!

Laterz,
Trina

"With tight adherence to its source material's history, high production quality, and a no-nonsense dramatic flair, Daredevil excels as an effective superhero origin story, a gritty procedural, and an exciting action adventure."
-Review from Rotten Tomatoes 


No comments:

Post a Comment