Monday, December 23, 2013

Movie Monday (12/23)

Hey y'all!

Welcome to Movie Monday!

Focus of this week...

CATCHING FIRE

OH

EM

GEE

Y'ALL

OH EM GEE

This movie was amazing! Of course, I read the books but I did not re-read it before seeing the movie and I think that made a difference! A friend from work told me that she and her friend re-read it before seeing the movie and it did not lead up to expectations.

I saw it with my Dad and we got a little antsy towards the end because we still had to pick up my brother from school, even though it started at 12:05!! Anyways, this movie is definitely worth it!! I'm going to try and finish the book by Friday for Feature Friday but we'll see! I'll definitely be looking back on here to gauge the differences and how I feel.

I really, really enjoyed it though! Of course, I enjoy almost every movie I see as I am entertained quite easily. Now, I did have one thing that I thought could have been a little less.....

ALL THE ROMANCE

I get it. The romance is a big thing. But good grief, I was expecting to see MORE of the actual Quarter Quell and not Peeta and Gale trying to make their mark. I am sorry if you disagree with me; I'm only sharing how I feel and I feel that Katniss is losing her edge juuuust a tad. I still love this series with all my heart and soul so I shall continue to watch and read forever and ever.

Now, onto real life impact. Oh my gosh, talk about fitness inspiration!! I'm definitely going to work out now!! Putting yourself into the mindset of the Hunger Games is craaazy inspiring!! It definitely makes you want to go beast mode ;) (thank you Cassey)

Well, have tons of fun (or at least try) with school starting again this week!

Lots of love,
Trina

"So, it's you and a syringe against the Capitol? See, this is why no one lets you make the plans."
- Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire 

No comments:

Post a Comment