Thursday, December 5, 2013

Throwback Thursday

Hey y'all!

Sorry I've been so MIA lately, but life's been pretty hectic :( Anyways, here's your first Throwback Thursday!!

History Fact for Today: Aircraft Squadron Lost In The Bermuda Triangle\

I read the article and thought it was so interesting! Apparently, Flight 19 left from Fort Lauderdale naval base and had 14 men aboard. It was supposed to be "a routine 3-hour training mission." Well, after a few transmissions they sent, saying that their navigational tools were of no use, they then sent one last garbled transmission that they had to abandon ship, relatively speaking. After that, a 13-man squad was sent to find them, as the naval base had already pinpointed their location, and they were lost as well. With the loss of over 27 men, there was a huge search but nothing was found. Since no one came back, the Bermuda Triangle Legend was now solid.

Crazy, right? I still wanna go to the Bermuda Triangle to see what it is... Hopefully, I'll come back whenever I go, haha.

I'll try and diversify my sources for TT (Throwback Thursday) but this site was really easy to get a story from so it will probably pop up a few more times.

Okay, school-time! I'm actually currently at my school, typing this out, haha. I finished my last U.S. History Until 1877 class today and I've got my final next Tuesday, ugh... That's probably when T.V. Tuesdays will start, though. That'll be the first as I'm catching up on shows slowly, but surely, with the wonderful aid of Netflix.

Back on topic

I've got my U.S. History final Tuesday, my English final this weekend (online, thank goodness) and for my other "freshman" orientation course, a project (that's also online). That is the beauty of online classes, folks. Almost every single thing is turned in online which gives me PLENTY of time to finish all that I need to. And for this working girl with two jobs, juggling school with everything else is pretty hard. So online classes are something that I feel really help me out.

So far, in all three classes, I have straight A's which is PERFECT as I'm trying to transfer to University of Texas in Austin by next fall. Hopefully, my transfer application will go through and I'll be a Longhorn in the fall!! I really want to rush as well so I'm hoping I can get that all taken care of as well. This summer, I also need to start looking at Boston University for all of the graduate school application requirements.

Augh, so much to do and I have such little time to do it I!!! :/ Oh well, everything will turn out for the best.

Ah, yes. Since this is my first Throwback Thursday, lemme just say what my intended major/minor  and what my educational life plan is so far:

Major: Biology/English
Minor: Anthropology

My major currently is biology because I want to take Forensic Anthropology but I won't be able to go to a school with that particular major until grad school so... Biology with an Anthropology major it is. The English double major is because I want to teach English as a language in South Korea. I've chosen South Korea because I really fell in love with the culture (not just the KPOP or K-dramas, y'all) and it's in Asia which is somewhere I've always wanted to visit and live for a while. Also, when my grandma and dad found out that I wanted to teach overseas, they limited the countries I could go to. While yes, I am grown, I still do listen to my family. So.... South Korea it is :)

1. Go to UT Austin and complete my undergrad
2. BU for grad school
3. Teach ESL in South Korea
4. Come back to the States for my Forensic Anthropology life

And that's the plan (so far)!!

Alrighty, see y'all tomorrow for Feature Friday ;)

-Breaking News- Today, this marks the death of one greatly esteemed man, Nelson Mandela. I believe reports said he died around 8:50 pm/20:50. This man was amazing and he will be sorely missed.

RIP Nelson Mandela

Article by Chicago Tribune

"Difficulties break some men but make others. No axe is sharp enough to cut the soul of a sinner who keeps on trying, one armed with the hope that he will rise even in the end."
-Nelson Mandela 


No comments:

Post a Comment