Saturday, August 2, 2014

August 2nd

Hey y'all! Okay, I'm doing good so far. Two days in a row hardly counts as an accomplishment, I know. To me, I feel if I've crossed an Olympic hurdle though. This'll seem pretty darn pathetic though once I've got months under my belt. I look forward to that time tremendously. Today was absolutely cray. Like, cray-cray. And I do not use that term lightly. My cousin's bridal shower was today and it was a smashing success, if I do say so myself. The food turned out wonderfully, the games were invigorating, and the gifts were pehnomenal and well appreciated. It was wonderful to seem family and a bunch of people I don't see on a regular basis so there's that. The before-and-after though... Oh man, it was a whirlwind. I didn't realize how much rearranging a restaurant needs in order to be ready for a bridal shower. It was a ton of work but to know my cousin was thrilled was definitely worth it. Little note about me, I do tend to exaggerate so no, it wasn't back-breaking work, but it was time-consuming. Especially cause we were racing against the clock. After the shower was over, we spent about an hour and a half cleaning up everything and putting my grandma's restaurant back to order. It took a while but with 8 of us, we got it done pretty quickly. I helped my aunt a little and then headed back to my grandma's which is where my family stays when we're in town. My sister was complaining of her feet hurting and pretty much all of us felt the same. We are all exhausted. That's why even though it's pretty early, I'm just writing this post out now because otherwise, I won't get it out soon. Maybe at all for today. Hence, why I'm here now. Okay, so that's it for the personal stuff... Oh dear. I'm so tired I forgot that today is Saturday and that I've really never designated Saturday or Sunday for anything... Well, I'll add more to this post later when I think what Saturday is going to be for. I will say this though, I am so upset. You have no idea. See, while I sit here now, a wonderful concert and I mean friggin' bloody amazing concert has just taken place. And I've missed it. I only planned for it for months in advance, seriously. Today, a bit north from my beloved Houston in a place called The Woodlands, a concert took place at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion. That concert was part of Monumentour. Yes, that's right. The concert that both Fall Out Boy and Paramore were headlining along with The Pretty Reckless opening for them. What kind of world am I living in that I was not able to see this show with three of my favorite bands? A pretty effing unfair one, if you ask me. Now, I did have familial obligations, I get that, but ohmygod, it's called Monumentour for a freakin' reason. That's all. I'm just going to wallow and revel in my Fall Out Boy, Paramore and The Pretty Reckless playlist that I've created on Spotify just for this occasion. It will hopefully pacify myself. I highly doubt it though. I will never get over missing this concert. Oh, I'll be seeing all three in concert. No doubt about that. But I'll never get to see all three of them in the same concert again. Lemme mention the real kicker of missing them for me though. See, now many of you will probably say, oh, there are other locations, right? You would be wrong. Can I pay $25 for that particular location? No, no, I cannot. And that's really why I'm upset at missing three of my favorite bands. When on God's green earth can I pay $25 to see all three amazing bands again? Never. Anyways, moving on from my imminent demise from lack of live music exposure (which is another reason I'm moving to Austin. I'll be thoroughly fulfilled there with my live music need) diet and exercise-wise, I haven't started anything. There was no way that was happening today with the shower food. I'm not sure if I mentioned it in my last post, but I'm going to officially start tomorrow, on the 3rd. I'll include what I've done then including links cause I'll be home. Laterz, Trina
When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.
-When Harry Met Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment