Friday, August 1, 2014

The Beginning of Blogust/Feature Friday

Hey y’all! I am so sorry that I have been so MIA lately but life has just been pretty hectic. That is definitely going to change though. I have big plans for my future and so I definitely am going to start blogging way more often to document everything. I have this big thing about having everything documented in my life cause I have the worst short-term memory ever. So since a bunch of people on YouTube are participating in “Vlogust,” I thought it was a perfect time for me to get back into the blogosphere (I know I just made up a word but I hope that everyone thinks it fits… cause I do :P). Anyways, here goes to blogging about everything in August. I know that I have previously stated that I have set topics for each day but honestly, I fly by the seat of my pants in practically everything, so I’m preeeetty sure I’m never going to follow that schedule. I will try extremely hard to the best of my ability but probs not, guys. Probs not. As of right now, I’m at my grandma’s because my eldest cousin is going to have a bridal shower on Saturday (tomorrow) that my mom is helping host. Exciting, right? I actually am thrilled for my cousin and can’t wait for this thing to get going. It definitely was fun helping with everything, I’m not gonna lie. It also got me started thinking about my own wedding. Actually, to be completely honest, I’ve been thinking about my wedding for a while. No, not because I have someone in mind (although, we ALL have that celeb person inmind, am I right?) but because I know that if I don’t get stuff done now, while I think about it and really give it the thought it deserves, I will be thrown so far back in the planning of my own wedding, it’s not funny. I love my family. I really do. But I would like some things done the way I want and it’s just better to have that battleplan set. I am definitely flexible for whatever my future spouse will want but there are some things I will put down my foot for. What about y’all? Any planners like me or will you just let other people plan it for you? Or a third option? I’m open to all comments :) Moving on, that’s about it for my personal life at the mo. School-wise, I’m still working on that. As I (hope I’ve) mentioned before in a previous post, I am a student right now at a community college. I’ll do a post later on that about pros and cons of universities vs. community/junior colleges, but what I just want to say now is that this upcoming fall semester will definitely be my last. I am going to transfer before the spring and instead of being in my beloved H-town, I’ll be hitting it up in Austin. I am so excited about that, you have no idea. I LOVE Austin. As in, I adore it utterly. I think it’s awesome, eclectic, the right amount of people striving for fitness (to work as inspiration for yours truly) and it’s just completely perfect for me. Being the live music capital of the world definitely does not hurt it. What school I’ll go to exactly, I’m not sure. I am hoping to rush, which for those of you unfamiliar with the term, that means to try and join a Greek fraternity or sorority. There are fraternities that are for girls but I will most likely be going for a sorority. I have wanted to rush for the longest of times, y’all have no idea. I’ve known about this dream since I was a freshman in high school and that was almost 6 years ago. Yeesh, now I sound old, haha. So, I’m currently working two jobs to save up for Austin and for everything involved with that. I will be taking a few final classes here in Houston while working and then hopefully, I will have all of my stuff together to be able to transfer. I’m hoping for all A’s this semester class-wise and that will just boost my GPA even more to where I will be a highly sought after transfer-applicant. Every little bit counts, am I right? I’ll tell ya this though, Austin is flipping expensive. Like, cheese and crackers, I will be practically starving trying to survive. But I know that it’ll definitely be worth it in the end. I’m seriously just thrilled. Typing this out right now, I’m tickled pink with the thought of this happening. School stuff done and out of the way. Next item, and I’m pretty sure the last one, on the agenda is my health journey. I have been really off of it, and I am definitely getting back on that horse again. I was supposed to start Cassey’s (which if you don’t know who I’m talking about, stop reading this and click on her name immediately. GO. Do it. Now. I mean it) Beginner’s Calendar with my cousin. …Weeeell, as I am at my grandma’s, have no workout clothes, no reason to buy my own groceries and many other things that many people will call excuses, I did not. I know, I know; I’m a disappointment to all. I really will start the calendar though! On Sunday. I’ll be back home, have my clothes and absolutely everything I need is there anyways. I thought about doing separate posts that are just about my experience with the calendar but then thought better of it. As my life currently consists of me just working, I figured that it’d be best to include something else so that way these posts will seem exciting. I swear, once I have a car and am in Austin, my life will become infinitely cooler (I can feel it). So, for the month of August, I’ll just be blurbing about my day at work and what I do on days off and then adding whatever workout I did. If you think I should include my diet and what I eat, lemme know in the comments below. As I’m still living at my parent’s and am pretty much under their roof, I really do try to eat as best I can, but sometimes it is just not feasible. So portion control is my new best friend in that regard, lemme tell ya. I guess after all of that being said, it’s just blog stuff left now. There’s not anything else I wanted to talk about, really. At least not that I can think of… Oh dear. If you’d like to know something else, just lemme know in the comments below. Hmm, since today is Friday, I suppose Feature/Fandom Friday is a good topic to go with to finish off this blogpost. So for this particular Feature Friday, I’d like to showcase a book. Lemme just say upfront, until I get more free time, which won’t happen until school starts ironically enough, most features are going to be about a book. Unless there’s a YouTuber that has just blown my mind or a T.V. show I can’t stop watching, my books are my things I just can’t live without at the moment. Having gotten a library card was pretty much the worst thing I could have ever done. That being said, here is my book choice for the week: H.I.V.E. Higher Institute of Villanous Education by Mark Walden This book captured me in ways I didn’t even think of. I have always been a sucker for a good gen (meaning just general, no set pairings or romances) that was chock-full of plot. H.I.V.E. definitely delieverd that for me. I was enraptured, pulled in and simply could not put the book down. I honestly cannot wait to get the second book from the library because I’m kinda burning with the need to know what happens next. Thankfully for Goodreads, I can see ahead and exactly how many books are in this series. Well, come to find out, he’s not done writing the books yet and that the ninth is due next year? Oh, I had kittens. Serious. Kittens. But really, this book is super fun and a joy to read. I’ll summarize it quickly so that way I don’t give any spoiler. Thirteen-year-old Otto Malpense is taken and put into a school that calls itself H.I.V.E. It stands for Higher Institute of Villanous Education and he has been brought here to further himself in what seems like a promising criminal career. Only problem is that he does not wish to stay on an island location learning about the art of evil. It seems that a martial-arts expert, a computer hacker and a diamond thief share this common thought. The four of them work together to get off the island and while doing so get the surprise of their lives. Is that okay? I don’t want to spoil it at all and so I’m leery to add too much more as I feel it’ll be a tad overkill. Okie-dokes, I feel that this blog post is now at an end, so I’m gonna say adios. I’m feeling quite knackered and I am really only staying up to help my mom prepare a lasagna. Laterz, Trina
“The chief beauty about time is that you cannot waste it in advance. The next year, the next day, the next hour are lying ready for you, as perfect, as unspoiled, as if you had never wasted or misapplied a single moment in all your life. You can turn over a new leaf every hour if you choose.”
-Arnold Bennett P.S. Being at my grandma’s right now, I’m not sure what’s going with this computer and internet cause it’s not letting me do any of my personalizations! Which is a total bummer. I’ll fix this post once I get home but it won’t be until Sunday, unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment