Sunday, December 14, 2014

Sports Sunday

Hey y'all!

Alrighty, so I know that I have been supposed to be keeping up with this blog but I promise that now I'm going to! (I know, I've been making and making these promises, but this time is for realsies. Super-duper promise this time) I did promise that I was going to start doing a post eeeeverrrryday and I'm going to do this.

So this is going to be Sunday!! It sounds weird, but I'm highly addicted to sports. I haven't always followed every sport as well as I could have but right now, American football is what's up. My team is definitely the Houston Texans and even when I move wherever in my lifetime, it will be the Houston Texans. Please don't ask me to change or anything. No, I am not a Texans fan just because of J.J. Watt but maaaaan, am I glad we've got that guy.

First off, please, do not take my word as gospel as right now, I currently have a record of 3 wins and 11 losses. That is 11 straight losses. Second, no, I'm not a horrid fan, I just don't have a good lineup and as the league I'm in with my family is 10 teams total, there's not much room for improvement as everyone picked up who they wanted in the draft and, of course, they're not gonna give up the good players. (We play in the ESPN Fantasy Football League, if anyone cares)

This is my current line-up and bench:

QB Jay Cutler (Chicago Bears)
RB Alfred Morris (Washington Reskins)
RB Chris Ivory (New York Jets)
WR DeAndre Hopkins (Houston Texans)
WR Steve Smith (Baltimore Ravens)
TE Travis Kelce (Kansas City Chiefs)
FLEX Kelvin Benjamin (Carolina Panthers)
D/ST Patriots D/ST (New England Patriots)
K Cody Parkey (Philadelphia Eagles)

Bench Russell Wilson (Seattle Seahawks, QB)
Bench Shane Vereen (New England Patriots, RB)
Bench Dan Carpenter (Buffalo Bills, K)
Bench Jared Cook (St. Louis Rams, TE)
Bench Steelers (Pittsburgh Steelers, D/ST)
Bench Dwayne Bowe (Kansas City Chiefs, WR)
Bench Latavius Murray (Oakland Raiders, RB)

For those who don't know, the NFL (National Football League) has games on Thursdays, Sundays, and Mondays. Since Sunday was my off day that I didn't have something for, I decided sports would be my sundays because I'm obsessed. I can watch any sport because I played a bunch of sports and I just love sports. It's one of my favorite past times. But as the NFL isn't super conducive to this, I'll probably just say predictions of what I think about the Sunday and Monday games and comments of the Thursday game.

Here goes nothing.

Thursday's game: Cardinals vs. Rams

So I only have a Rams TE on my lineup and he's on my bench at that so I didn't actually watch the game on thursday. But maybe I should have freakin' watched it as I'm currently losing to my uncle 25-0. The only good thing about this is that I haven't played any of my players and 2 of his only scored 25 points! Hopefully, that will be in my favor this week and I'll finally get a stinkin' win...

Long story short, the Cards won, 12-6, with 1 TD and 2 field goals and my Rams TE only got 1 point so I'm so thankful he was on my bench cause I would have been severely ticked at him. Both teams are part of the NFC West and currently the Cardinals are in 1st place and the Rams are in last. (Side note: there are 16 teams in the NFL and they are split up into groups of 4 in 4 separate conferences)

This season, the Cardinals, obviously haave been killing it and the Rams have kind of been up-and-down. If I had been listening to sports radio talk shows, as I normally do, I would be able to say so much more about this, and I apologize in advance.

Okay, Thursday done.

So, today's games are going to be as follows:

12:00 pm - Packers v. Bills, Jaguars v. Ravens, Buccaneers v. Panthers, Bengals v. Browns,  Texans v. Colts, Raiders v. Chiefs, Redskins v. Giants, Dolphins v. Patriots, & Steelers v. Falcons

3:05 pm - Broncos v. Chargers & Jets v. Titans

3:25 pm - Vikings v. Lions & 49ers v. Seahawks

7:30 pm - Cowboys v. Eagles

Predictions:

12:00 pm - Packers, Ravens, Panthers, Bengals, Texans, Chiefs, Giants, Patriots, Steelers

3:05 pm - Broncos & Jets

3:25 pm - Lions & Seahawks

7:30 pm - Eagles

*Note: These predictions are not only with how I know how teams are doing but also because I am not a fan of other teams and obviously, I will always predict that the Texans are going to win

Why:

12:00 pm - The Bills haven't been doing amazing this season and Rodgers (Packers QB) has been having a FABULOUS season. I don't really see much changing. While the Jaguars are definitely full of good players, c'mon guys. It's the Jaguars. They're not winning unless it's the Raiders. Or the Buccaneers. Maybe at that. That being said, I think the Panthers will win as Cam Newton has been doing alright this season. Nothing too bad. I was kind of undecided so I went with my gut and it said the Bengals. I dunno why (It's probably because I abhor Manziel and yes, I'm a firm believer that the Texans did not need him) but gut said so. The Texans is an obvious choice as I am a huge fan. I will say this, even though we haven't had a super awesome season, we still have a chance at playoffs as long as we win all of our remaining games. The Colts are also in our division so beating them definitely helps us. As mentioned earlier, the Raiders just aren't good. So of course, I'm going with the opposite team. In this case, the Chiefs. Plus, I do have a Chiefs player so he best get me some serrrrrrious points this weekend. The Giants have been a little shaky with Eli Manning's inconsistencies, but I still think they're a good enough team that they can beat the Redskins. While the Dolphins have shaken their "Oh man, you are horrid" aura, I will still be apart of the fanbase that saw the Pats at their highest point where it seemed that no one could beat them and they just kept getting the Superbowl trophies. (Plus, this is Chris Evans' team. I will forever be a partial fan of theirs). Last but not least, I think the Steelers will win since the Falcons just haven't been doing too awesome this season.

3:05 pm - Peyton Manning. Need I say more. The Tennessee Titans are always going to be an adversary to me. As such, go Jets.

3:25 pm - The Lions have been having a better season and have some better players, Simple as that. Again, the Seahawks have been having a better season and they are last year's Superbowl champs. I'm waiting on a bit better playing but they haven't crashed and burned so kudos.

7:30 pm - This is another way over-opinionated prediction. The Cowboys are playing? Crush and pulverize them, Eagles.

And I'm gonna stop. Holy crackers, this post is so freakin' long. I'm done.

Laterz,
Trina
"Winners never quit and quitters never win"
-Vince Lombardi

P.S. Omg, I am so sorry for all of this. I had no idea it was going to be this freakin' long. Well, this shows off my true passion, I guess, which is hilarious because I mostly spend my time reading and listening to music.

No comments:

Post a Comment