Tuesday, December 23, 2014

O Tidings of Comfort and Joy

Hey y'all!

Alrighty, so for today's Tunes Tuesday, I did say I was going to keep it festive and so I'd like to spotlight an old holiday album but one that I hold dearly as I first heard it as a child. Growing up in the milennium, there were a few things that I know if you didn't do/hear/watch it yourself, you heard/had knowledge of its existence. One of these things is the sister duo, Aly & AJ. They came out with a holiday album and I absolutely love it.

My favorite track on there has to be "Not This Year" cause sometimes that's how I feel. Of course, the whole reason for this holiday has religious basing but for those who don't believe or celebrate it in that way, it can be so consumed with gift-getting and everything so this song is definitely for the people who feel Scrooge-y but are not actually in fact, Scrooge himself. That is probably a really bad way to put it but it's true.

I also love "We Three Kings" because it's my favorite Christmas carol. Especially when I'm at Mass, I really love to sing that one. I'm not sure what it is about the song that makes me love it so much but it's just been my favorite since I was little. I suppose what I love about it is that it is very low in key and not overly loud or high voice wise as I'm a mezzo-alto but a little bit lower. I can't hit all the crazy high notes but I can hit some.

To put it short, this is a great holiday album, sung by two really great people. Hope your holidays are going fabulously! Mine sure are.

Laterz,
Trina


"And the lights are cool but they burn out/And I can't pull off the cheer"
- Not This Year by Aly & AJ 

No comments:

Post a Comment