Monday, December 15, 2014

Movie Monday

Hey y'all!

So it has definitely been a superfreakin' long time, but here is my movie. I saw Penguins of Madagascar Thanksgiving afternoon so yes. This is a really long time in coming and it should have been typed out and published a few weeks ago. You can wring my neck and slam my head in later, thank you. I do not disagree with you.

But oh my gosh.

If y'all don't already know, I'm about the childish 20-year-old out there, which, apparently, you're not supposed to really advertise but I would honestly rather go to the movies and watch a children's movie than what is considered an adult's. I find I always have more fun watching those instead of watching some... I dunno, I just like kids movies better.

Also something to know, I am a HUGE fan of Benedict Cumberbatch. Which, honestly, who isn't these days? (I will say I have been a fan of his for years. YEARS. So I feel justified in watching anything with him and that being the sole reason in doing so) So I have to say, I was really excited when I heard he was going to be a voice actor and especially Penguins? Oh man. I was psyched.

As to how it happened on Thanksgiving of all days, I had Thanksgiving with my mom's side Thanksgiving Day and came home the same day. My mom decided we should go see a movie so my siblings and I went to go see Penguins.

And it was amazeballs.

The plot was new and I liked how it went from where the Penguins actually started and then went through the Madagascar movies and went further. Benedict was the best and I just really enjoyed it. Ken Jeong was in the movie as well and he has always been a favorite of mine to watch on Community

If you need a movie to watch with kids or just to have age-appropriate entertainment for someone or multiple someones, this is a great movie. If you're a fan of the Madagascar series, oh man, watch this. Cause if you're a fan, you most likely are a huge fan of these little birds. It's exactly what you expect from a Madagascar movie and filled with plenty of laughs considering these penguins are always a source of great comedic relief.

Erm, I think this is it for today, cause I haven't been keeping up with this and I'm pretty sure this is about all I talk about.... Anything I should add, please comment and lemme know.

Laterz,
Trina


"Debbie! (Dave.) Dave!"
-Skipper and Kowalski, Penguins of Madagascar 

No comments:

Post a Comment